Mess Hall opened its doors to its first Members in October 2014, coinciding with the first iteration of Launch Pad – an accelerator competition that guides new food concepts to market. Since the Fall of 2014, we have grown into a strong, established community of 40 Members. We pride ourselves on being innovative and committed to sustainable practices. Our kitchen facility features state of the art variable speed hoods, energy efficient lighting, and an emphasis on recycling and reducing waste. We have helped Members rack up wholesale accounts; land long-term clients; attain financing; scale across the DMV, mid-Atlantic, East Coast, and beyond; evolve their business plans and strategies; and open brick-and-mortar locations.
In addition to daily production, our facility was designed to be a prime location for events. We hosted our first restaurant pop-up in October 2014; the now infamous Ramen World was conceived in February 2015; and our first “corporate” event landed in 2015 with DC Brau’s holiday party. You can count on us to host killer events that bring top talent, media, the general public, and our Mess Hall community together under our roof.
Our 10,000 sq ft facility boasts 3 shared commissary kitchens, 1 demonstration kitchen, walk-in refrigeration, collaborative offices, ample storage, and an expansive event space where food and drink bring people together. We’ve called 703 Edgewood Street, NE home for over three years now, and we’ve aged gracefully. We keep our amenities looking pristine and are constantly updating to best suit our Members’ needs.
Mess Hall furnishes:
- Well-calibrated and maintained Vulcan ovens, ranges, char-grills, stock pot burners, a Doyon reversible dough sheeter, Hobart deli slicer, commercial dish machine, and more;
- Top-of-the line appliances, such as Robot Coupes, Vitamix blenders, Hobart mixers in 5 sizes, etc.;
- Ample secure dry storage, pallet storage, walk-in refrigerators, and walk-in freezer;
- New HVAC units with 3 independent climate zones to ensure working spaces stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter;
- Round-the-clock cleaning and maintenance crew;
- 1,000 square feet of shared office working space;
- Rustic meets industrial open space well-suited for client tastings, photo/video shoots and private event bookings; and
- Private parking options.